Wednesday, 14 March, 2012
Happy Midterm Week and Awards Day
QOTD: When was the last time you had an unexpected surprise?
Well I have three tests this week and one paper due, but Miss Deanna Barnhart brightened me up by giving me some awesome awards: the Lucky Meme and the Sunshine Award! Thank you for tagging me! :) These were super fun to fill out.
Here are the rules:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating.
4. Tag 7 authors.
…my story was no worse than his, no less depressing or difficult to bear.
“You should write a book someday, Sophie.” James was grinning.
I blinked twice. What was that supposed to mean? I wasn’t sure if that was an insult, if he thought I was joking or lying about my story or if he was just trying to keep things light.
I went for my second guess.
“Ha, thanks for that, but writing isn’t exactly my thing,” I told him, trying to smile…
1. Favorite Color: Red–not orange red or blood red. Just deep, passionate red.
2. Favorite Animal: Turtles and then monkeys!
3. Favorite Number: 17
4. Favorite (non-alcoholic) drink: Water is my favorite drink…gotta’ love nature’s finest gift.
5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, but I am getting more and more addicted to Twitter now too!
6. My passion: Writing and life
7. Getting or Giving presents: Honestly, I love giving presents more than anything else on holidays! I love going all out and surprising people with little things :)
8. Favorite Pattern: I think plaid is such a cool, laid-back pattern.
9. Favorite Day of the Week: Tuesdays are my most relaxing days because I only have two short classes.
10. Favorite Flower: Wow that’s really hard. I’ll go with azaleas.
And the Awards go to…
Frankie Diane Mallis