Question of the Day: Fred or George?
“NEVER-INSULT-ALBUS-DUMBLEDORE-IN-FRONT-OF-ME!”-Rubeus Hagrid, Book 1
5 Days Until Harry Potter #7 Part 1
***Spoiler Alert: You may not want to read this if you haven’t read HP but are planning to or are currently in the process of reading the series
Hello! I have compiled a short list of the 10 most epic “small” events in Harry Potter. I mean, we all know what the most epic “big” events were…Harry meeting Sirius Black for the first time, the Yule Ball, Harry discovering that he’s a wizard, Dumbledore’s downfall, Harry’s unsuccessful date with Cho, etc. etc…
But what about the little things? The things that may not mean the most to us, but still did nothing but enrich Harry’s experiences at a wizard?
1) Fred & George feed Dudley Dursley a Ton Tongue Toffee, Book 4. I don’t think poor Dudder’s tongue was ever the same after that.
2) Harry and Ron drink Polyjuice Potion to spy on the Slytherins, Book 2. Crabbe’s
toenails hair, anyone?
3) Harry opens a Chocolate Frog for the first time, Book 1. This is the first time Harry sees what Albus Dumbledore looks like. And, of course, we see The Headmaster scratching his nose…
4) We see Snape and Mrs. Malfoy making The Unbreakable Vow, Book Six. I think this is one of the few times in which we encounter a very important event that is not through the eyes of Harry Potter. It is also one of the few times that Rowling ditches restricted 3rd person and gives us the opportunity to know something that even our hero does not.
5) Sirius sends Harry his Firebolt broomstick and it gets ooh’ed and aah’ed, Book 3. You gotta admit, that broomstick is pretty darn sexy…
6) Harry and Ron overhear Hagrid and Madame Maxime having a not-so-private conversation at the Yule Ball, Book 4. To jog your memory, we discover at this point why Hagrid is so respectably large! We also find out about Hagrid’s background and past.
7) Hermione meets Grawp, and Grawp meets Hermione, Book 5.“Grawp’s about sixteen feet tall, enjoys ripping up twenty-foot pine trees, and knows me,” she snorted, “as Hermy.”
8) Harry indirectly helps free Dobby from Lucius Malfoy’s grasp, Book 2. YAY FOR DOBBY AND HIS SOCK!
9) Hedwig dies, Book 7. Here lies Hedwig Potter, the most faithful, loyal, and magical snowy owl that ever walked on this earth. The world shall forever mourn for the poor dear. We salute you, and thank you for everything, dear Hedwig.
10) Hermione punches Draco Malfoy, SMACK!!, Book 3. Who knew Hermy was so bad-ass?
What do you think? Do you have any events to add to the list?