Yes, yes, another blogfest! :) I promise you, the next post I write won’t be a blogfest entry haha. This one is hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh, and we are supposed to list our top ten musical hits. :)
Between my piano, my Pandora radio, and YouTube, it’s safe to say that I’m a total lover of music. I like everything from rock to classical to pop, so I have a very broad range of tastes. Hope you enjoy!
In no particular order…here are my current favorites:
1) Firework by Katy Perry — this is such a happy, energetic, and inspirational song! It makes me want to dance, sing, scream, and run all at the same time. Listening to this song helps me believe in myself.
2) Marry You by Bruno Mars–I would love to have this song hosted at my wedding! The lyrics are so sweet, and it will make you feel young and in love. :3 The “Glee” version of this song is even better in my opinion.
3) Love Story Meets Viva La Vida by Jon Schmidt — this guy has INCREDIBLE talent. I have never heard the keys of a piano or the strings of a cello plucked away so gracefully and with such passion. I listen to this all the time, I can never get tired of it! It is truly amazing how a beautiful song like this one with no lyrics can sound more like a poem than cleverest rhyme. Credit is given to Love Story by Taylor Swift and Viva La Vida by Coldplay.
4) Fireflies by Owl City — Being a person who often can’t go to sleep and is stimulated by any sort of movement or flicker of light, this song is right up my alley. “Everything is never as it seems….as I fall asleep.” The video rocks.
5) Thunder by Boys Like Girls–what I like so much about this song is how it takes me back to the days of when my friends and I were young and carefree. It reminds me of the days when we were perfecting MySpace profiles instead of resumes, when homework was done to get incentives from parents instead of good grades (and thus a career), when love mattered more than financial compatibility. Ignorance is bliss when you are a kid.
6) Piano Man by Billy Joel–Billy Joel is the man. His rich, authentic voice is almost as seductive as chocolate. I love how lyrics make this song seem almost like a bedtime story.
7) Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse — This song brings back a lot of memories, as I danced to it at the first real “dance” that I went to back in middle school. It reminds me of how it feels when you first fall in love.
8) Fur Elise by Ludwig van Beethoven — Years have gone by and I’ve learned many, many songs on the piano (I’ve been playing since age six, for those of you who don’t know). Even when I forgot how to play all the other tunes from memory, I never forgot this one…so it pretty much feels like I’ve grown up constantly playing and performing this song. Beethoven and I are pretty tight.
9) 100 Years by Five for Fighting — even though the lyrics make a lot of people really sad and nostalgic and all sorts of mixed up feelings, I think it’s good for us. It reminds us that every moment counts. We choose how we live and we need to make the most of it because we only have a 100 years [or so] to live.
10) Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day — There are just some days when my mood status is: absolutely alone and depressed. That’s when I listen to this song. It doesn’t exactly make me feel, well, not alone anymore…but the lyrics accurately depict how I currently feel and, to a degree, I suppose that gives me some sort of comfort.
This was a fabulous blogfest…thank you to AJC for hosting it! Forgive me if my comments come around a bit late. My Economics homework is calling to me and telling me my opportunity cost of commenting today is less time to get a good grade on my homework–and thus, a good grade in the class! Nevertheless, I shall get around to all the entries this week. :)
#DailyWings: “It takes courage to rest and play in a culture where exhaustion is seen as a status symbol.” — Brené Brown Wow. It feels so surreal to be writing for my blog again, but here I am. My life is vastly different now than it was a year ago. I started a new position as a […]
#DailyWings: “I’m a story-teller. I tell stories. In some stories, I am the story. But the story transcends me. How? Hear my stories.” –Guy at your J-school Happy November! It’s taken me a while, but I’ve finally finished putting together this blog post about my experiences at Columbia Journalism School (as promised), along with several nuggets […]
#DailyWings: “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz I am really excited about today’s edition of “The SELF Diet,” mainly because this was the first dish that made me actually love cooking. This dish, a lemon-garlic spaghetti piccata, was inspired by a recipe for “Linguine with Tuna, […]
#DailyWings: “Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.” -Paulo Coelho A person’s mood is like the waves of an ocean, a cosine graph. It fluctuates in a gradual manner. We all have our bad days, brought forth by a […]